Slovak Evangelical Church
1900–1909Slovak Evangelical Church
Slovak Evangelical Church. The project and the construction of the church were entrusted to Jozef Czoczek.The church was built in 1884. Facade is an eclectic mixture of classical and baroque elements.
About this place
The first Slovak Lutheran families settled in Novi Sad at the beginning of the 19th century and organised their parish in 1811, worshipping at first in a house on today's Šafarikova street whose chapel burned in June 1848. The present church at the corner of Masarikova and Jovana Subotića streets was begun in 1884 and built to the design of Jozef Cocek, with a single nave, a Baroque-profiled bell tower and a triangular pediment; Bishop Gustav Seberenji consecrated it on 30 May 1886. Its organ, installed in 1886, is an original instrument by the Rieger brothers' workshop.
- Date
- 1900–1909
- Coordinates
- 45.25729, 19.84135
- Source
- Public online source
- Licence
- Public domain (historical photograph)
- Size
- 600 × 804 px
Open on the full map ›